Sunday, July 15, 2012

France 2012

Last year it was Japan and this year it's France.  What a great time I have had, up until I injured my foot running in the 5-finger shoes.  I feel pretty dumb because it has colored the entire last week of my stay. In fact, today I'm in my daughter's appartment alone, catching up on emails and such.

Anyway, if a picture's worth a thousand words, this will be a jam-packed posting.  Hopefully the pictures will speak for themselves.  The ocean will be the main attraction since it's so important to me.  I'm in awe of its power and majesty.
These pictures are of Hossegor on the western shore of France just north of the Pyrenees.  It was incredible.


 Hossegor has a very nice port but is famous for its surfing.  I'll put some films of surfers on the next post.

 Benoit and I rode to this little resort city just north of Hossegor.  It was as charming as it could be.  The  lake behind me is actually just an inlet from the Atlantic but there's a boardwalk and all kinds of nice homes and multiple-occupancy dwellings, expensive, around.
This is Gilbert cooking up muscles.  He taught me how to do it and I'm going to fix them at home for whoever will eat them.  We ate so well but the muscles were a highlight.


3 comments:

Chaotic Serenity said...

Amazing photographs. Sorry about your running injury. :( I know you won't let it ruin the trip, just changed it a wee bit.

Chaotic Serenity said...

The pictures are amazing. I can't get over them.

Bee Casa said...

Wow, France is so cool! There is still some beautiful things in the world.